Welcome to the UK Wildlife Film School
Practical ´hands-on´ wildlife film courses.
Earn an internationally recognised ´SCQF Level 8 – Diploma¬†in Wildlife Documentary Film-making – whilst filming on location. The UK Wildlife Film School remains to be the UK¬īs leading provider of independent wildlife film-making workshops/courses in the world, in reference to time spent in the field; working, filming and editing in 4K.
We are very proud to have now spent over a decade giving our students the opportunity to learn practical ‚Äėhands-on‚Äô production skills & camera craft; whilst experiencing first hand what it is like, and what is required, to film wildlife in remote and wild locations. The UK Wildlife Film School uses professional 4K television cameras and editing systems. The practical experience you will gain from attending a course with us and the films you produce, will give you a major advantage as you embark on your wildlife film career.
The ¬īDiploma¬†in Wildlife Documentary Film-making¬ī has been independently assessed and accredited by the Centre for Credit Rating at Napier University in Edinburgh; and leads to an award on the Scottish Credit & Qualifications Framework.
The SCQF Level 8 Diploma is the equivalent to a Higher National Diploma (HND) and the highest level of qualification anyone is able to offer outside of a university setting We are extremely proud to be the only wildlife film school in the world offering its students an ´internationally recognized qualification´ for attending its courses.
‘Diploma in Wildlife Documentary Film–making’
Above is the 20 minute film produced by Maria Blanco from the footage filmed during her Diploma in Wildlife Documentary Film–making course.
The whole film was filmed and produced on location on the Isle of Mull during the 8 week practical section of this 16 week course.
Before the course Maria had never used a television camera, let alone produced a wildlife film on location.
During her course we took Maria though all the fundamental stages of production from filming and editing to script writing and logistics.
Enjoy the film…
Maria´s After Course Testimonial
Did you accomplish what you set out to do?
Did you enjoy your course / What was your favorite moment?
Maria´s Student Testimonial
Below are some questions we think you should seriously consider before booking a wildlife film course with anyone, anywhere !
Does your wildlife film course...
1. Supply you with broadcast quality cameras to film with ?
2. Supply you with the Sony 4k broadcast cameras to film with ?
3. Supply you with all of the production equipment necessary to produce a wildlife film, so you can attend your course without having to actually buy any of this equipment yourself first ?
4. Supply one camera for every two students ?
5. Supply you with the latest mobile editing facilities so you can edit 4k footage out on location ?
6. Film in remote locations whilst operating out of a fully equipped tented base-camp ?
7. Supply you with all of the camp equipment necessary to operate from this base-camp out on location ?
8. Spend every day of your wildlife film course working or filming out on location ?
9. Actually last long enough for you to be able to film, edit and produce a short wildlife film, and not just 2 or 3 days ?
10. Actually film ´Real Wildlife´ - that is roaming freely within its own natural environment, as appose to filming animals that are ´kept´ in fenced pens or enclosed areas, whilst you're being told by your instructors that you are filming wildlife ?
If not ask yourself again... ´Are you actually filming ´Real Wildlife´ ?
If you have answered ´No´ to any of the questions above, you really must ask yourself “why are you going on that film course” ?
When you come on a Wildlife Film Course with the UK Wildlife Film School; every answer to all the questions above, will become a YES !